Gas Prices in Missouri City Texas August 2026: 5 Simple Ways I Save $70 Per Month on Car Gas
Gas Prices in Missouri City Texas August 2026: 5 Simple Ways I Save $70 Per Month on Car Gas
![]() |
| Gas price at Highway 6 Missouri City hit $3.89 per gallon this week August 2026 - My Camry full tank now costs $55 |
I went to get gas last week at the Shell on Highway 6 in Missouri City, Texas, and I was shocked.
Last year in August 2025, gas was $2.99 per gallon. Last week it was $3.89 per gallon at the same station. For my Toyota Camry with a 14-gallon tank, a full tank now costs almost $55 instead of $42.
If you drive 1100 miles a month like me for school drop, grocery at HEB, and temple in Sugar Land, that price increase adds up to over $50 extra per month. That is $600 extra per year for the same driving.
Gas price is not in our control. But how we buy gas and how we drive is in our control. Here are 5 simple ways I use to save about $70 per month on gas in Missouri City and Sugar Land area.
1. Use HEB Fuel Points - My Biggest Saver
This is the easiest saving for any family in Texas.
- Every time you shop at HEB, you get Fuel Points. For every $100 you spend, you get 10 points.
- Each 10 points gives you 10 cents off per gallon, up to 30 gallons at HEB gas stations.
- My family spends about $600 per month at HEB. That gives me 60 points = 60 cents off per gallon.
- My Saving: 14 gallons x $0.60 off = $8.40 saved in one fill. Twice a month = $16.80 per month.
Pro Tip: Download the My H-E-B app to track your fuel points. Points expire after 60 days, so use them before the end of the month. I set a phone reminder for the 25th of every month to use my points.
2. Check GasBuddy App Before You Fill
Do not just go to the closest gas station. Gas prices in Missouri City can be very different within 2 miles.
- I use the free GasBuddy app to find the cheapest gas near me.
- Example: Shell on Highway 6 was $3.89, but Murphy USA near Walmart was $3.67. Difference 22 cents.
- My Saving: 22 cents x 14 gallons = $3.08 per tank. 4 times a month = $12.30 saved.
- The app also shows if the station has long lines or if the price was updated 2 hours ago.
Cheapest gas stations in Missouri City are usually Costco in Sugar Land, Murphy USA, and Buc-ee's on Highway 6. I avoid filling on Friday evening, prices are always high for weekend.
3. Fill Gas at Costco in Sugar Land Once a Month
- If you have a Costco membership, Costco gas is always 20 to 30 cents cheaper than normal stations.
- I fill my full tank at Costco once a month during bulk shopping. Their gas is Top Tier quality, same as Shell.
- My Saving: About $3.50 per tank, plus I save time by combining shopping and gas in one trip.
Go in the morning at 8 AM when they open. No line. After 10 AM, the line in Sugar Land Costco is 15 minutes long in summer heat.
4. Keep Your Car Healthy - Tire Pressure and AC
This tip came from my husband and it really works in Texas heat.
- Low tire pressure uses more gas. I went to Discount Tire in Missouri City on Highway 6. They checked my tires for free.
- My tires were at 28 PSI, but they should be at 32 PSI for my Camry. After fixing, mileage went from 28 MPG to 31 MPG.
- I also changed car AC from 72F to 78F on auto mode. In Texas we love cold AC, but 78F with auto is still comfortable and uses less gas.
- My Saving: About $15 per month saved just by free air check.
Check your tire pressure every 2 weeks, especially when weather changes from hot to cold in Texas.
5. Plan Your Trips - Make a Grocery List
This saved me the most miles and most stress.
- Before, I went to HEB 3 times a week for small things I forgot. Now I make a list on Sunday night on my phone and go only once a week on Tuesday.
- I also started carpooling with my neighbor in Sienna for school drop. One day I drive, next day she drives. Kids love it too.
- I combine all work: HEB + bank + temple + library in one loop on the same day, instead of 3 separate trips.
- Driving reduced from 1100 miles to 950 miles per month. 150 miles less = 5 gallons saved.
- My Saving: 5 gallons x $3.89 = $19.40 per month.
My Weekly Routine to Save Gas
I now have a simple routine. Sunday: Make grocery list. Tuesday: HEB shopping + gas if I have points. Wednesday: Check GasBuddy before filling. First Saturday of month: Costco trip. Every two weeks: Check tire pressure. This routine takes only 10 minutes extra per week, but saves me $70.
My Total Monthly Saving
- HEB Fuel Points: $16.80
- GasBuddy App: $12.30
- Costco Gas: $3.50
- Tire and AC Care: $15.00
- Trip Planning: $19.40
- Total: About $67 to $70 per month - $840 per year!
Final Lesson - The Real Moral of the Story
We cannot control gas prices. We cannot control if gas is $2.99 or $3.89. Getting angry at Shell or at the government will not reduce the price.
But we can control our habits. A small 2-minute check on GasBuddy, saving HEB points, checking tire pressure for free, and making a grocery list are small habits. But small habits add up to big savings.
$70 per month is $840 per year. In Missouri City, $840 is one month of property tax, or 7 months of lawn care, or school supplies for two kids for a whole year. That $840 can be used for emergency fund or for kids' activities.
When prices go up, do not just complain. Take a small notebook, write down where your money goes, and you will find ways to save. That is the biggest lesson I learned in Texas in 2026.
What is the cheapest gas station you found in Missouri City, Sienna, or Sugar Land this week? Share in the comments below, let us all save together.
FAQ - Gas Prices Missouri City
Q1. What is the gas price in Missouri City today August 2026?
A. Today regular gas is between $3.67 to $3.89 per gallon in Missouri City, depending on station. Costco and Murphy USA are usually cheapest.
Q2. How to get cheap gas in Texas with HEB points?
A. Shop at HEB, get 10 fuel points for every $100 spent. Each 10 points is 10 cents off per gallon at HEB gas stations. Use My H-E-B app to track.
Q3. Is Costco gas better than Shell or Chevron?
A. Costco gas is Top Tier certified, same quality as Shell and Chevron, but usually 20-30 cents cheaper in Sugar Land and Houston area.

Comments
Post a Comment